Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Bolo na, Kajrare Naina!

Came across two noteworthy songs last weekend. One is ‘Bolo na’ (singer: ‘Sona’, I think the album is also called ‘Bolo na’) and the other is ‘Naina’ (singer: Hidayat Khan, Album: Ziver). ‘Bolo na’ is a soft soothing song while ‘Naina’ is famous classical song ‘chaap Tilak sab chhiin li’ with touch of fusion. Also, pleasantly surprising is the fact the videos of both these songs are mostly non-vulgar!

Talking about ‘Naina’, there is a song with the same name in ‘Omkara’. I have been listening to Omkara’s track since last few days and this particular song (penned by Gulzar, Sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan) grows on me each time I listen to it. On lazy evenings and on sleepless nights, this is the kind of song you want!

Btw, I am a die-hard fan of Gulzarsa’ab. Lately, he has received much praise for the historic ‘Kajrare’. My personal opinion is that Gulzar has written lots and lots and lots of more meaningful and lyrically astounding songs. So, it’s very amusing to see the kind of adulation he has received for ‘Kajrare’. Right man to praise but not the right reason!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for the song nain milaike but cannot find it. Can you put a link to the song on your blog

7:14 PM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

If you wish to buy the album 'ziver', below is the link:

http://www.music-today.com/allinseries.phtml?series_id=637&genere_id=11&prod_id=

I tried searching on 'coolgoose.com' for the original song and below are results:

http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=115928

http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=242829

http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=244801

http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=17946

I haven't downloaded and heard any of these so can't recommend any. However, the above links have one version from Abida Parveen and one from Nusrat Sa'ab so might be worth listening!

Hope this helps!

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you but i actually have those songs already. I was looking for the one made by Hidayat Khan. I would have bought the CD but i dont have money since i am only seventeen years old. So if you find a place where it is as cheap as a dollar or two let me know.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

This album is actually pretty recent and I haven't bought it myself otherwise would have definitely sent the song to you!

Can you give me your email ID?You can send me an email at my gmail ID[lazyblogger@gmail.com], if you wish. If I get hold of this song, I can email it to you.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Mukta Raut said...

I absolutely love that number, 'Tujhse Naraaz nahin zindagi, hairan hoon main' from Masoom.

There's a reference to this line in the book, 'english August'.

Lovely - both.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Mukta, I think 'tujhse naraaz nahin' is a song for all seasons!I have found many such gems in Gulzar's songs.I don't know your preference of songs or music but I strongly recommend going through as much Gulzar's work as you can. This man writes with amazing consistency so you can pick any of his work blindly. If you like his kind of poetry, there are also albums like 'Marasim', 'visaal' 'Sunset Point', 'Udaas Paani' and 'Raat,chand aur mein'.

Too much of info I guess but I did say I am a die-hard fan, didn't I!

Reading is a rarity these days but will pick up 'English August' since you are recommending it. Last I read was 'One night@call center' by chetan bhagat and was hugely disappointed. Ever since, I am a little weary of picking up books/authors that are hyped!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Cuckoo said...

Hmmmmmmmm

I can see you too into ghazals and songs. :)) As I said we two have some traits.

3:21 AM  
Blogger Loner said...

Chhap .... tose naina milay ke

Thats a beautiful song indeed and I always liked it. But few months back, heard Wadali Brothers singing this song in a concert at Lotus (Bahai) Temple in Delhi, and saw the spiritual side of this song !

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home