Friday, December 08, 2006

Paradise regained!

For a long time, I left the office at 6 PM. Now, for some time, I won’t.
For a long time, working on Saturdays was more rare than the Indian cricket team lasting full 50 overs while batting in South Africa. Now, it won’t be so.
For a long time, filling the hours at office was a task. Now, clearing my To-Do list is.
For a long time, I re-read emails at office to kill time. Now, I always have a few unread ones.
For a long time, I had to read novels while returning home from office to keep company.
Now, my mind is in the office till I reach home!
For a long time, I hardly worked. Now, I am working hard!

For a long time, I wondered if I still had the fire in me. Now, I don’t.
For a long time, I was getting rusted. Now,thankfully, is the time to get a little worn out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sigma said...

Leziblogger, thanks for visiting my blog.

I read some of your previous posts, and I specially liked the title you have used for one of them - mujhko bhi tarqeeb sikha ... (which is a very beautiful nazm, as you say). Nice and interesting blog !

Looks like you are interested in reading and poetry! So am I :-) You can take a look (if you like to) at some of the critiques I posted about the books I read lately :-)

Regarding the sher by Ghalib that you mentioned, I will work on it and let you know :-)

11:14 PM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Thanks, Sigma!

I am already a regular on your blog!:-)

Yup, like you, I am also interested in reading and poetry. Ghalib and Gulzar are all-time favourites!

We will keep on exchanging notes!

Thanks again!

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home