Thursday, October 12, 2006

Mujh ko bhi tarqeeb sikha....

I love the sea!

I have spent hours simply standing at the shore and gazing into the infinite waters. While looking at the calm, rhythmic waves, I often wonder about the vast secrets that lie below. The various life forms, the debris of unfortunate ships, the undercurrents, the volcanoes, and the tremors--there is so much deep down and still, the sea maintains a saintly calm at the surface! Regardless of whatever is happening within, it always greets me with a foamy, friendly smile at the shore! The sea is (mostly) so well-behaved, isn’t it?

Whenever there is uncontrollable turbulence within me, I try to think of the sea!


PS: The title is borrowed from one of Gulzar’s nazms. It means ‘teach me the trick’!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mukta Raut said...

oh? I thought 'tarqieb' meant method...

and well, as for the sea..it makes poets of all of us, na?

:-)

5:40 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

True. See what more I wrote:
"Waves float around softly with a transcendental hum. Not all of them get trapped into the labyrinths of the eyes. Some of them waft by silently,just close enough to let the mind know what they feel like-like wisps of chiffon or the sheen of pearls."

Sometimes, the sea also makes us write original stuff,eh? :-)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Cuckoo said...

Nice post !! :)

3:18 AM  
Blogger Loner said...

Good one again : )

2:56 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Loner: Thank you!

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home