Sunday, December 31, 2006

Counting my blessings!

It is a working Sunday for my team. Some of us are in the office and working in absolute quiet. I step out for lunch. As I leave the ‘air-conditioned’ confines of my office, bright, thick sunshine greets me.

Winter in Mumbai is mostly uneventful. Till a couple of years back, it was non-existent except in early mornings. However, since last year, there is a wonderful chill in the air and the average Mumbaikar who knew only two seasons so far, finally gets to experience a ‘trailer’ of winter, if not the full-length movie!

I come out of office and walk straight into this brew of thick sunshine and mild wintery air. As I walk towards the lunch-house, the sunshine warms my body. From the scorching Sun that I have known, this is a pleasant change. I can feel the pointed rays but they just about press my skin, they don’t pierce. I feel warmth flowing through me. It is as if my skin has become a long artery and is carrying the sunrays across my body. I begin to like the sun and the small walk towards the lunch-house becomes a pleasure. I feel warm, bright, fresh, vibrant and young! Is it that the Sun shines more brilliantly on Sundays, I ask myself!

Too bad, for all the warmth it transpires, I can’t even look at the Sun in the eyes and say ‘Thank You’!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sigma said...

Yes, sure. Do count your blessings :-))
Its chilly in Delhi, and it is a difficult task to take a bath. Ice cold wind is blowing outside, there is a dense fog cover settled all around, and we haven't seen the sun for two days. :-)

10:10 PM  
Blogger Sigma said...

I added you to my links :-)

10:21 PM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

'Dilli ki sardi',eh? Haven't been to Delhi but yeah, I can imagine what it must be from the way you've described!Kinda good excuse not to take a bath, huh?

btw, thanks so much for adding me to your links. I have also been thinking of adding you(and another blog which I have been visiting since past few months), but then, my lazyness has been living up to its reputation. Will definitely add you in my list!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Sigma said...

Too lazy to visit Delhi ? ;-)
Well ... I am sure numerous people would have told you this before ... but the weather here is really extreme - from 4 to 48 degress.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Cuckoo said...

Ha Ha... my first visit here.

I liked the interest you have mentioned in your profile. ;)

I think I'll come again here. :)

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home