Friday, December 29, 2006

Thoda sa Roomani ho jaayein!

Today is the last working day of this calendar year, at least officially. Everyone at the office is in the mood to party. There is a party going on in the premises. It is little after 8 PM on 29th evening and the party that started at 4 PM is still going on. For most young people, party means loud, fast music and something to eat. This party is no exception….

Even though it is getting late, there is a sizable amount of people on the dance floor. People from different departments, people from different grades, people I know, People I
don’t know, people I like, People I don’t, all grooving in the manner they think is cool.

The manner in which they think is cool.....strange, why people get so aggressive while dancing to a fast song. Another strange thing, the people I like look better while dancing, despite the aggression and People I don’t like look worse because of the aggression.

Nonetheless, I feel good just watching the crowd gyrate in a certain rhythm. If you can imagine watching a mammoth sea wave captured in a bottle, you would understand what I mean!

I like the energy. I like the fact that they are being themselves, that they are doing what they enjoy without caring how they look. I would have joined them but I have to get back to my desk and work and I just don’t want be tired. [Ok, Dancing doesn’t come naturally to me!!]

And then it strikes me that it is not only about dancing. It is about listening to chartbusters with people you like, it is about following the same rhythm as your friends, it is about matching energy levels with your pals, it is about experimenting new(and mostly weird!) movements with someone as crazy as you! It is about being together!

Suddenly, while looking at them, I so much wish to be a part of them. Suddenly, I miss my wife…badly!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is beautiful!!!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Sigma said...

Nice post .... and some times I too feel the same way, though the people you are talking about more or less belong to my generation ;-)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Thanks, Canon!

Sigma,thanks. I too belong to the same generation.:-) I am sure there are things about our generation that you can't relate to either!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Sigma said...

You are as old as you think, eh ? ;-)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Now then, how can one counter-argue that? :-)

So true, Sigma!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Cuckoo said...

Hmmm We have some common traits here.

3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where was ur wife around new year's?

2:35 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

She hadn't gone anywhere. Just that I was at office and she wasn't there with me at that instant!

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home