Thursday, August 02, 2007

My 'If'..

In my new organization, I am recently given a ‘troubled’ project. We are in the final few weeks and it is going to take heroics for us to deliver. One of the senior guys in the team is moving to USA tonight but given the state we are in, he has been consistently staying in office till midnight to help us out. In fact, he has a late night flight today and he was in the office till 7 PM. He could’ve stayed away if he wanted to, nobody would’ve blamed him but he stayed and gave more than his maximum. Throughout my career in IT, I have seen projects being successful and companies being driven because of guys like this. These are the guys I would call ‘men’ (Which is a rare species nowadays!). I recently came across a one-liner: ‘Don’t judge a man by what he has, judge him by the choices he makes’! So true!

[Note for female readers: By no way I mean to say that women can’t drive successful projects or organizations! I have had the pleasure to work with such women as well.]

We all have our ideas of ‘good behavior’, ‘good values’ and so on and so forth. So, what is it that touches us from the other individual? I am very choosy about liking or respecting anyone (other than myself!). I know there is nothing like the ‘perfect man’(I am a guy but I know this truth!) but guys with the following traits can come close to perfect as far as I am concerned.

1. Guys who are genuinely friendly.
2. Guys who look beyond skin in a girl.
3. Guys who can see their faults and accept them.
4. Guys who can laugh and laugh loud.
5. Guys who can genuinely laugh at jokes aimed at themselves.
6. Guys who mean what they say.
7. Guys who like ‘wit’ in their humor.
8. Guys who are sensitive and still not too emotional.
9. Guys who know the difference between confidence and arrogance.
10. Guys who can present themselves well.
11. Guys who are not street-smart.
12. Guys who know themselves.
13. Guys who know how to communicate with a kid.

Let me know your list if you have the time!

[Another note for female readers: I am not very good at judging women and hence this post is limited only to guys.]

Btw, while writing this, one more attribute of guys struck me. You can say ‘All guys are alike’ and justify that. You can say ‘each guy is different’ and justify that as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home