Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hum tum kuch aur badhenge!

I am not a romantic person. I have been married for over two years and wife has concluded that when God was distributing romantic sensibilities, I was busy philosophizing! (And to add to her grievances, I stubbornly refute her claims!)

Honestly, to me marriage or togetherness for that matter, means doing daily stuff together. My idea of a romantic evening is a quiet evening at home, listening to music we both love or watching something like ‘friends’ and just idle chitchatting! If I see couples at a superstore buying grocery together, I find it romantic. I love to watch couples at planet M deciding which CD to buy. I find elderly couples sitting at a bench and generally chatting away very romantic!

Thankfully, wife is not at all demanding! She is fine with my version of romance but the problem is that being a workaholic, I haven’t been able to give her many such quiet evenings. Once in a while, we go out for a movie and I generally sleep through it so it is just so not happening for her!

Under such circumstances, if you get one quiet evening, it becomes so memorable!

Last Sunday was one such evening. We were at home, the music player played some of our most favourite Ghazals. She kept herself busy cooking something we both love. I kept busy just looking at her. Kitchen oozed a lovely smell and her soft voice humming the ghazals. It was exactly the picture I had in mind ever since I was a teen.

It was a special picture made even more special by the fact that I was looking at a soon-to-be mother!

Know what, under such circumstances, if you get one quiet evening, it becomes so memorable!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cuckoo said...

Ha Ha.. By your description of being romantic, I can only say that you are super romantic !!

I am a die-hard romantic person & can also see romance in literally everything.. not restricted to only mankind. ;)

But not helping her in the kitchen ?? Doesn't go well. :( It would have been more romantic had you helped her doing things saath-saath.

BTW, congrats & good wishes for your future of sleepless nights. :-)

And the title of the post is just awesome, very apt. :-)

See, I started humming that song of Kishore/Lata played by Dev sa'ab & Mumtaz. Perfect for your situation. :-)
Hoga koi beech to hum tum...

I am all smiles. Thanks a million Lazy.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Cuckoo: Wow! Such a long reply!

Many thanks for your wishes!

About helping her in kitchen, I do help with small things but not with actual cooking! She loves cooking for us so much that I rather let her do that!

About the title, know what, I must have seen that song just once- that too years ago- but the line 'hum tum..' has stayed with me ever since! It is a classic case of writing simple but effective!

And yes, you may think I am 'super romantic' but the less said about it, the better!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Sigma said...

First of all congratulations! And all the very best wishes for the future.

There are times when I think that when you are really comfortable with someone, you can enjoy silence with them. When you dont know someone too well, you need chit-chat to fill the distance. There are times when you dont need to say anything - just being side-by-side, even doing your separate things, makes you feel a great sense of warmth.

An oh, btw, that was "bandhenge" ... lovely song!

3:15 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Sigma: Many thanks!

About celebrating silences, I completely agree with you. Words are indeed a barrier a lot of times!

Regarding the song, I always thought it was 'badhenge'. Thanks for letting me know!

5:15 AM  
Blogger Mukta Raut said...

Congratulations! And I am very very disappointed that you didn't tell me that today.

And all that melody around a little life waiting to blossom in the world, it's amazing! :-)

God bless all of you!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Hey Mukta, Many thanks for the wishes!

Deeply sorry for not bringing this up y'day! We both realised it after you left!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Mansi said...

Congrats! enjoy these quiet moments while you can, coz things will change:), for the better I mean:D

10:27 PM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Hey Manasi, thanks so much and welcome to my blog! I would love to know how you discovered my blog!

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home