Saturday, February 24, 2007

Rozaana!

Mr Bachchan is showing his heroics at singing now! The more I listen to this song from ‘Nishabd’, the more I realize that he has sung it well, very well! In fact, thanks largely to the Radio channels playing few select songs over and over again, I get to hear this song a lot of times and the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

It is not a catchy song! The first time I heard it, I thought it was unconventional to the point of being repulsive! There is something too disturbing about the song that I am not able to identify, but still, this song has slowly grown on me! I am listening to it for the fourth time in about 24 hours and I tell myself that I can listen to it a few more times and every time I will find something new in it! And every single time, half-way through the song, I have wandered to identify that oddity, that disturbing element which probably is the soul of the song! The same has happened this time. I am so into my thoughts that I haven’t realized that the song is over! I don’t really care because I think I am getting closer to finding that elusive, nasty element and….

And just then, breaking my chain of thought, the radio plays this commercial ‘Aab nimbu ki taazgi aapke baniyan main bhi…’ .

I am left so ‘Nishabd’! May be next time…..

5 Comments:

Blogger Sigma said...

Is it so? Next time I hear it, I will pay more attention :-)

12:10 AM  
Blogger Cuckoo said...

Not heard till now. Was out of this world for sometime.

Can you tell me which ones are good. I'll try to get them.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

I haven't come across many good songs in last one month. You can try listening to these, if you haven't already!

-Sajna vaari vaari(Film: Honeymoon Travels pvt ltd)
-Jaan phansi,saans atki hai(Film: Just married)

Rest others are just same, mediocre stuff!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Sigma, I think the element probably is Mr Bachchan's old voice singing a song which has a 'teenager' feel to it!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Loner said...

Hi,

I love that song too. Simply Superb singing by AB. With every song, he is just getting better n better.
I cried listening to his Bagbaan song and still get sentimental.
Then the song is Babul was again touchy.
and now this, I play it again n again.
Didn;t like the movie tho. but again the last dialogue by him changed the whole feeling towards the movie.

and now a days, the song I am listening again n again is "In Dino" from Life in a Metro:-

in dino, dil mera, mujhse hai keh raha
tu khaab saja, tu ji le jara
hai tujhe bhi izaazat, karle tu bhi muhabbat - 2)

beautiful lyrics.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home