Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm tagged!

Alright! So I have been tagged. My first. Thanks Sigma ! I have been asked to share my dreams. I am having a tough time deciding my top three dreams. Hazaaron khwahishein aisi….

Here’s my list:

1) I dream to be physically and mentally fit after I retire:
Yup, I can’t wait to be 60! I have too many plans for life after I retire. It’s a long way to go but the thought that I will have 24 hours to myself everyday is so captivating. I dream of going on long, early morning walks with wife, writing as much as I want, listen to all those CDs that I am collecting now but haven’t got the time to listen to, visit my favorite temples too often, have enough money to plan a travel once every year, Far too many dreams……..

2) I dream to be able to sing a good song well:
Not possible in this lifetime but may be someday, I will at least be able to sing ‘Happy Birthday to you’ in rhythm! :-)

3) I dream to be able to write in pure Urdu
Don’t know when this will happen. May be along with dream number 1! :-)

….Bahut nikale mere armaan, lekin phir bhi kam nikale! One is generally full of dreams but it is quite a task to actually list them down!

It is late in the night while I write this! Truly, Yeh Raat hai khwaab ki…

3 Comments:

Blogger Cuckoo said...

Heyyy your dreams are really nice ones.

ANd I liked the lines you have used in between..all meri pasand
1) Hazaaron khwahishein aisi..
2) Bahut nikale mere armaan, lekin phir bhi kam nikale!
3) Yeh Raat hai khwaab ki…<-- this is one of my ultimate fav. songs.

You know what? Somehow google reader me(i)ssed up something.
Many of the blogs which I had added were not showing and I was under the impression that these ppl are really lazy to update. Aur jab yahan aayi to pata chala itne saare posts.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Sigma said...

For last couple of days or so, whenever I go to add a comment, I find that dear Cuckoo has beaten me to it :-)
Very nice post, LeziB. Loved it. And like Cuckoo, I liked the way you have used those wonderful lines ...
Me too, I wish I could write something, sometime, in chaste (if not pure) urdu.
Btw, do you know how to read the urdu script ?

8:05 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Welcome back, Cuckoo! Thanks. 'Yeh Raat hai khwaab ki' is also one of my all-time favs. I can listen to it any number of times and still not get bored!

Guess you have a lot of blog entries to read over next few days!

Sigma: Thank you!Ghalib has had a very lasting impression on me! btw, I don't know how to read Urdu script. I started learning with an on-line tutorial but couldn't continue it after a few days. My first impression was that it wasn't a very easy script to learn!

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home