Monday, November 19, 2007

The book cover tag!

Sigma tagged me a few days back.

The rule is ‘Go to the advanced book search on Amazon, type your first name into the Title field, and post the most interesting/amusing cover that shows up.’

Sounds interesting, isn't it?

I opened amazon.com and no sooner had I looked at the title field in Advanced Search, I realised I had a problem. I mean who would ever write a book which had the word 'LeziBlogger' in it?As expected, ‘LeziBlogger’ didn’t yield anything on search; neither did ‘Leziblogger’. Same was the case with ‘LazyB’ or ‘Lezi B’. Sigma suggested that I use my real first name but that name had no chance to show up on Amazon.(Though I did try it, Sigma!) So I had to break up my blog name and search for ‘Lazy’. Tons of results came up and it took me some time to filter through the results.

Below is the one that caught my eye:



It is a book titled 'The Importance of Being Idle-A little book of lazy inspiration' by Stephen Robins.

Editorial Review:
“The time that a man may call his own,” observed Charles Lamb, “that is his life.” In an age of increasingly long and stressful working hours, The Importance of Being Idle is a call-to-arms for would-be loafers to turn their hands to absolutely nothing whatsoever. This compendium of guidance and wisdom from prominent loafers argues with stunning wit and impeccable logic that idling plays an important role in both the progress of civilization and in our daily well-being. Just the thing to bring harried executives to their senses or to help committed idlers while away the lazy hours.

Not only did I find the book title funny but also the Editorial Review. I couldn't imagine anyone actually writing a book explaining the importance of idling and to top that an editor telling the book a 'call-to-arms for would be loafers to turn their hands to absolutely nothing whatsoever'!!

Btw, during my journey through the Amazon search results, came across some very interesting Titles like ‘The right to be lazy’, ‘The lazy way to success’ etc but the best was a book titled ‘The Case of Lazy Lover’! Don’t you think there is some anti-thesis in the name, eh? :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Cuckoo said...

Don't worry too much about your name, you know I always call you lazy. ;)

The book you've mentioned would be fun to read I guess. And the 'The Case of Lazy Lover’ ?? Ha Ha... I don't mind reading this as well !

5:58 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

:-)

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home