Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Yeh Raat....

Another long day at office and pretty tiring! Started with ‘fire-fighting’ in the day and finally was able to dissolve the ‘fire’ by the evening, which meant the rest of the tasks on my schedule found my eyes only in the evening. So, in that sense, the day began only in the evening!

Last bus from office leaves at 10 PM. I have ‘managed’ to miss it yet again! My boss wants me to do some work but it is more of giving ‘finishing touches’. So, I have to wait for my colleagues to finish cutting their ‘diamonds’ which I can polish later! It has been a few hours and I am still waiting! The ‘necklace’ has to go today so I can’t go home!

I have had a very very hectic schedule last few days! Besides, it makes no sense to wait 3 hours (late in the night) for a half an hour work! I have been feeling sleepy since evening and now with no work, I am sleepier. I generally don’t take a nap in the office but I give it a try anyhow! Doesn’t work for more than 10 minutes. Too awkward for me!

I get up and joke with some of my busier colleagues, just to beat the sleep. Doesn’t help! As it is, one’s sense of humor is so down at midnight and there are only so many jokes one can crack! I walk around. That doesn’t help either since I feel more tired and hence sleepier!

Someone has biscuits. I eat them, less out of hunger and more out of the desperation to stay awake. So funny, they are called ‘Good Day’! Anyhow, one packet is too small. I am back to battling with my eyelids! Oh God, when will this night end?

Drowsily, I go back to my desk and put on the FM Radio. In the quiet, cool night, Rabbi Shergill sings, ‘Tere Bin Sanu Sohnia’...

My ‘Good Day’ begins!

7 Comments:

Blogger Cuckoo said...

Typical It scenario. :)

2:37 AM  
Blogger Sigma said...

Ahhhhhh!!!
LeziB, I understand your pain, having suffered from the same fate some times. :-)
Par koii baat nahin ... har raat ke baad subah aati hai .... Woh subah kabhi to aayegi :-)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

:-)

As a sign of my protest, I told my Boss that I won't be coming the next day! My frustation was very apparent!

Ever since, my colleagues are calling me 'satyagrahi'! :-)

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still have to work nights. Btw have to tell you, we work nights here too and thats when i miss the big huge offices where we could stretch out should the need arise!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Actually, the workload is easing off now so hopefully, life will be back to normal soon!

Tyue, a place to stretch is so much welcome!(sometimes, also during the daytime!!)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Sigma said...

True!! A place to stretch is welcom during day time too ... Last summer, when the hot weather was at its peak, people of one team in my company found an ingenious way to find a place to rest - they booked a conference room everyday, for one hour right after lunch !!!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Sigma said...

Check out this link .... it explains about different forms of urdu poetry ....

http://www.urdupoetry.com/novicenook/poetryforms.html

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home