Monday, March 12, 2007

Wah, Pradhanmantriji!!

I have been watching ‘Ji, Pradhanmantriji’ on Star Plus for two Sundays in a row and must say that I am really impressed. I have always felt that Indian comedy lacks wit and shows like these (scarce, though) prove me wrong.

I watched ‘Ji, Mantriji’ regularly and was very disappointed when it was discontinued only after 13 episodes. The show probably didn’t garner enough TRPs, I guess. I hate to say this but with the same kind of show and the same kind of Indian audience, it is very likely that this show also will see a premature death.

Catch it before that happens. The show is aired on Star Plus on Sundays, 12 noon!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats true!!

It brings out tha witt in indian politics in a beautiful manner!!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Cuckoo said...

Yes, I do remember it was a good one and I enjoyed it.

Thanks for reminding. I'll try to catch it. :)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Sigma said...

Hmmm .. Well I do not watch TV at all.
But if you have not read "Yes Minister" (on which all of these are loosely based), I will really recommed it!!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

Cannon: I agree!

Cuckoo: It's the same team as 'Ji, Mantriji!'

Sigma: I remember seeing 'Yes,Minister' years back! Would love to catch it again if I can!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Sigma said...

Hmmm .. I see that you say "Would love to catch it again if I can" ... big fan of TV shows, eh??
For me, nothing beats the good, old book :-))

6:35 AM  
Blogger Leziblogger said...

er, well, I have already seen it on TV! So, now reading it would be difficult!

Otherwise, I am not so much a TV fan!
I think TV is more a waste of time than an entertainment media!There are only handful of shows that are really entertaining! But I guess TV becomes a habit with most people and with that, people gradually limit their definition of entertainment to whatever is shown on TV!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home